- 3/4 cup (120g) plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese, plus extra to serve
- 2 eggwhites
Roasted capsicum salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 roasted red capsicums*, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped, plus extra torn basil to garnish
For the salsa, heat half the oil in a frypan over medium-low heat, add onion and capsicum, then cook for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add the balsamic and basil, and season. Warm through for 1-2 minutes, then set aside.
For the pancakes, sift the flour, baking powder and soda into a bowl.
Stir in the cottage cheese and season.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggwhites until soft peaks form, then carefully fold into the cottage cheese mixture.
Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat.
Place tablespoonful’s of batter into pan and cook for 1 minute each side until golden, then remove and keep warm.
Continue with remaining mixture.
Serve with salsa and extra cottage cheese. Garnish with basil.
Shaved Prosciutto goes nicely with this dish as well or for a bit of crunch cook some Prosciutto in the oven until it crisps up. Cool on some paper towel and then crumble over the top.