• 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 4 (about 200g each) French trimmed pork cutlets
• 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 200g sweet grape tomatoes, halved
• 185ml (3/4 cup) dry white wine
• 185ml (3⁄4 cup) chicken liquid stock
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
• 85g (1/2 cup) Sicilian green olives, sliced
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat.
Season pork. Cook, turning, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add fennel and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in stock and mustard. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in lentils. Return pork to the pan. Cook, turning pork halfway, for 6 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in 1 tbs lemon juice and season.
Combine the parsley, olives and remaining lemon juice in a bowl. Serve pork topped with olive relish. This meal is great with a leafy side salad.